Under the xmas tree, Santa put a present for me including:
- Dagu 4D MAgician Chassis (including 4 DC motors, and 2 plastic plates,4 x AA butteriy holder) -21 Eur
- HC-SR04 sensor (a ultrasound sensor for measuring distance) -4 Eur
- L298N bridge ( a bridge for controlling up to 2 motors) -4,5 Eur
In addition I had already:
- raspberry pi
- Pi cam
- a wifi adapter
- an omniwheel (spherical)
- an empty tic-tac candy holder
- 4 X aa Batteries
- a smartphone battery pack (2.5 A)
So I put every togheter and it pops out myR: a super Rover!!!
Nothing special under the sky, but an interesting project to test autonomous veicles. So, to reach that goal , I’m now working on a rover that can act in this 4 modes:
- Jog mode, moved by operator ( my 5 years old son…).
- Program mode: it is possible to create a sequence of movements and the rover can repeat them.
- Discover mode: the rover can move randomly aroud the appartment avoid any obstacle in fornt of him.
- Search mode: the rover can search and reach a ball placed or moved around.
As always I’m developing this features using python and using object-oriented programming: for each item I create a module that implements all the necessary features for this item.
In the next weeks I’ll post the development steps.
Happy new year and Keep in touch!